Hoffman Mill was once a thriving community comprising about 35 houses, a General Store, Post Office, Community Hall, Tennis Court, playing fields and a school with 20-30 students. Today little remains of the town. The buildings have been pulled down for use elsewhere and the rail line removed. The remnants of the mill and railway formations are tangible reminders of our recent past. Other evidence of the old settlement still appear in the fig and peach trees near the river. Also enjoy the lilies, rose and other flowers which grew in the gardens of the original inhabitants and still appear every summer.
Today, Hoffman Mill has large camping areas, good for tents, camper vans, caravans and camper trailers, it is shady, grassy and excellent for groups. Bookings do not apply at this campground. It operates on a first come - first served basis.
- Hoffman Mill offers
- Flushing toilets with disabled access,
- Free gas BBQ,
- Wood BBQ,
- Designated fire rings,
- Picnic tables with seats,
- Footy oval,
- Untreated water taps,
- Central information board and
- Rubbish collection area.
- Camping Permitted from 1st November to End of Easter.
- Day use only End of Easter to 1st November.
- This area is in a water catchment area. Strictly no swimming, fishing or marroning.
- All domestic animals are prohibited.
Ranger collects all fees. Rangers are on Patrol 24 hours a day, ensuring regulations are adhered to and camping receipts are checked.
- Adults $8.00 each per night,
- Concession card holders $6.00 each per night
- Children (over 5 to 16 years) $3.00 each per night.
- Fees are inclusive of GST.
- Bring your own firewood.
Best time to visit: All year, but especially spring when magnificent wildflowers are in bloom.
How to get there
Situated 27km north-east of Harvey, Western Australia. Directions: 10km north along the South Western Highway, turn right onto Logue Brook Dam Road, Travel along Logue Brook Dam Road for 9.5km, go past Lake Brockman Caravan Park turn off, and continue on the gravel road. After 3.1km the Logue Brook Dam Road runs into Clarke Road. Slight left turn and travel on 8.1km to Hoffman Mill. https://www.google.com/maps/dir//-33.0043,116.085/@-33.0035814,116.0149688,12z
- Walk trails
Bridge Trail - 3km, 90 min return - winds across the bridges over the Harvey River and then up slopes to explore the jarrah forest.
- Formation Trail - 650m, 20min return - is an easy walk following the railway formation and Harvey River through the jarrah forest.
Campfires are usually permitted, in the provided fire rings only, but fire restrictions may be imposed at any time and without notice. (Camping is not permitted during the usual fire restriction period that applies to other campgrounds in the area).
- Bring your own firewood.
- When fire restrictions are in place campfires must not be lit and any appliance powered by burning solid fuel must not be used. Always comply with any instructions at campgrounds and parks.
- Campers´ own liquid or gas fuel barbeques, stoves and heaters can be used at any time, unless a total fire ban has been declared
Clarke Hill Road, Hoffman WA 6220, Australia