Tucked away inside the Harvey Visitor Centre, the Hidden Valley Room provides extensive history of the Harvey Valley before the Harvey Dam. The display records the story of three historic homesteads - Nicklup, Jardup and Glentana. The homesteads add a heritage value to the local community, as they are amongst the earliest in the Harvey agricultural district. The houses and surrounding farmland were inundated with water when a new dam was built. This dam was built as part of the Stirling-Harvey Redevelopment Scheme in 2000-2002. The original Harvey Weir (built in 1916 and raised in 1931) was also inundated. The history of the weir and the first irrigation scheme in Western Australia is recorded here.
This room is sponsored by the Water Corporation.
283 South Western Hwy, Harvey WA 6220