The Brunswick Agricultural Show is traditionally held on the fourth Saturday in October. The first Show was held in 1932 but went into recess during World War 2.
The Show Committee was formed in 1931 by local farmers and residents to show their livestock, farm and home produced wares. The Show now attracts exhibitors and judges Australia wide and has the reputation of being one of Australia's Biggest One Day Shows. It aims to provide entertainment while still maintaining its agricultural focus.
The first show occupied the area of the current side show alley. It has since grown in size to incorporate all of the Brunswick Recreation Ground. Originally the pavilion exhibits were displayed in various venues on the site and in the Brunswick Hall before the Tom Pearson Pavilion was built. All exhibits were dismantled and the hall redecorated before the Show Hall took place that night.
Many improvements have been made to the site including the construction of the Tom Pearson Pavilion, Recreation Centre, Alan Evans Selling Complex, livestock yards and holding pens, Ridley Poultry Pavilion, Lions Animal Nursery, food block area and Peters Park in recognition of the support from Peters’ Creameries.
The Brunswick Agricultural Society places emphasis on supporting the local community as it proves a perfect fundraising opportunity for local groups to provide themselves and raise money. It prides itself on the huge effort of volunteers who make it one of Harvey Shire’s biggest one day events.